November 20, 2017 - It’s easy to get caught up in the holiday steals and deals of Black Friday. That’s why financial professional Derek Gregoire talked with WCVB about how to survive the mall madness and protect your pocketbook. He proposed 6 ways to help you survive the Black Friday madness:
- Make a Game Plan - See our Holiday Budget Worksheet Here
- Gear Up Your Phone - check out apps that compare prices and notify you of sales
- Ration Your Cash - bring an envelope of cash with you to avoid spending more than you have
- Ask Questions - talk to store employees and other shoppers about upcoming deals
- Always Be On the Lookout - take advantage of black friday deals for birthdays or other occasions
- Document Everything - keep receipts and keep track of your spending on your Holiday Budget Worksheet.
Happy Holidays! May your shopping be done on time and on budget! Tis the season.
We are an independent firm helping individuals create retirement strategies using a variety of insurance and investment products to custom suit their needs and objectives. This material is intended to provide general information to help you understand basic financial planning strategies and should not be construed as financial advice. All investments are subject to risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
The information contained in this material is believed to be reliable, but accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed; it is not intended to be used as the sole basis for financial decisions. If you are unable to access any of the news articles and sources through the links provided in this text, please contact us to request a copy of the desired reference.